Good Friday and Gospel Hardened

Today is the day that Christianity reflects and commemorates the death and passion of Jesus the Christ ( Anointed One) the Son of the Living God. Yesterday ( Thursday ) was called Mun day/ Thursday the day for the reflection of the Last Supper when the disciples ate the last earthly meal in celebration of the Passover with Jesus before the betrayal.

I was one of the three minister sharing in the responsibilities of a funeral in our community yesterday and during the funeral service one of the other ministers gave an invitation to receive Christ as Savior during the funeral. I believer approx. 10 people acknowledged needing and wanting the Savior as Lord and praying with the other minister to ask Christ to be their Savior. At the graveside as we ended our official responsibilities we discussed a few things of which was , the massive response to the Gospel message in India as compared to here in the United Stated.

My brother said to me, : in the U.S. we have become Gospel hardened and that is why we see the lack of response to the gospel as compared to places like India where thousands a day are coming to Christ. Yesterday made me wonder about the people that raised their hands to receive and pray for Christ and how many would truly become disciples and get involved and become accountable to the new faith in local kingdom ministries. As my day progressed I got a text message that I get at the end of the close of the day. I get a message from Wall Street and the text gives me the stats on the stock market Dow and then another message came in that read. Friday the New York stock exchange would be close for the holiday ( Good Friday). Wow! I wondered how many more years will that continue?

I must admit that it encouraged me to get a daily text that read "closed due to holiday". I do believe we are as a whole a hardened nation to the Gospel, but not so hardened yet that even our national financial heart beat will remain closed to pay respects to the greatest and most passionate death on behalf of humanity once a year.

I also received a call from a local business about a cancelled appointment and in the conversation this marketing director noted that they would also be closed on Friday for the Holy Day. As out discuss progressed she noted that she brought that information to the attention of upper management is such a way that she did not want to work on Friday because of it being Good Friday. I so doing the upper management agreed and they are officially closed today. I was so amazed at how just one person could speak up and the whole company get the day off paid. There is still hope and good people in Amercia and I pray our hearts will soften to His Word.

As much as I agreed with my brother minister that we are a nation hardened I am also hopefully from such signs of acknowledgement in our business community both locally and nationally. Let us all preserve our faith and "Holy Days" by our own actions today and always as we celebrate this Good News throughout the World. As much as it takes people years to become Gospel hardened it also may take years for people to take responsibility and action to soften hearts and stand for our Holy God.

If you live in the U.S. and are a Christian please do your part to preserve these "Holy Days" and soften the hearts around you to His "Good Friday" for your sins. Good Friday can soften the hardest of Hearts and I am thankful that Americans are still sensitive to his Amazing Grace.